Gain in-depth knowledge and skills covering the technical side of information security management on this accelerated 5 day Certified Chief Information Security Officer course (CCISO), 25% faster than traditional training. Your EC-Council CCISO certification course is designed by seasoned CISOs to develop the skills and knowledge required to transition into the highest ranks of information security management. You'll learn to adapt your organisation’s information security in coordination with ever-changing risks and technologies, providing greater protection.
About this course
EC-Council’s CCISO Program has certified leading information security professionals around the world. A core group of high-level information security executives, the CCISO Advisory Board, contributed by forming the foundation of the program and outlining the content that would be covered by the exam, body of knowledge, and training. Some members of the Board contributed as authors, others as exam writers, others as quality assurance checks, and still others as trainers. Each segment of the program was developed with the aspiring CISO in mind and looks to transfer the knowledge of seasoned professionals to the next generation in the areas that are most critical in the development and maintenance of a successful information security program.
The Certified CISO (CCISO) program is the first of its kind training and certification program aimed at producing top-level information security executives. The CCISO does not focus solely on technical knowledge but on the application of information security management principles from an executive management point of view. The program was developed by sitting CISOs for current and aspiring CISOs.
In order to sit for the CCISO exam and earn the certification, candidates must meet the basic CCISO requirements. Candidates who do not yet meet the CCISO requirements but are interested in information security management can pursue the EC-Council Information Security Management (EISM) certification.
Why should you take this course?
The CCISO Certification is an industry-leading program that recognizes the real-world experience necessary to succeed at the highest executive levels of information security.
Bringing together all the components required for a C-Level positions, the CCISO program combines audit management, governance, IS controls, human capital management, strategic program development, and the financial expertise vital to leading a highly successful IS program. Material in the CCISO Program assumes a high-level understanding of technical topics and doesn’t spend much time on strictly technical information, but rather on the application of technical knowledge to an information security executive’s day-to-day work. The CCISO aims to bridge the gap between the executive management knowledge that CISOs need and the technical knowledge that many aspiring CISOs have. This can be a crucial gap as a practitioner endeavors to move from mid-management to upper, executive management roles. Much of this is traditionally learned as on the job training, but the CCISO Training Program can be the key to a successful transition to the highest ranks of information security management.
What will you learn by taking this course?
✅ Importance of Governance, including solid policy writing, aligning the security program to industry-recognized frameworks
✅ Focusses on Management Controls, Audit Management, and Risk Management
✅ Focusses on what makes up the bulk of a CISO’s day - Project Management and the importance of ensuring information security is part of projects from their inception
✅ Focusses on technical topics as a high level of technical proficiency is assumed of all CCISO students
✅ Understanding of content regarding leadership, aligning security programs to the overall goals of the business, strategic management, executive buy-in, financial management
Chaptar 1. Governance and Risk Management (Policy, Legal, and Compliance)
✅ Define, Implement, Manage, and Maintain an Information Security Governance Program
✅ Information Security Drivers
✅ Establishing an information security management structure
✅Laws/Regulations/Standards as drivers of Organizational Policy/Standards/Procedures
✅Managing an enterprise information security compliance program
✅Introduction to Risk Management
Chaptar 2. Information Security Controls, Compliance, and Audit Management
✅Information Security Management Controls
Chaptar 3.Security Program Management & Operations
Chaptar 4.Information Security Core Competencies
✅ Access Control
✅ Social Engineering, Phishing Attacks, Identity Theft
✅ Physical Security
✅ Risk Management
✅ Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
✅ Firewall, IDS/IPS and Network Defense Systems
✅ Wireless Security
✅ Virus, Trojans and Malware Threats
✅ Secure Coding Best Practices and Securing Web Applications
✅ Hardening OS
✅ Encryption Technologies
✅ Vulnerability Assessment And Penetration Testing
✅ Computer Forensics and Incident Response
Chaptar 5.Strategic Planning, Finance, Procurement, and Vendor Management
What is the CCISO Program?
The Certified Chief Information Security Officer program is the first of its kind certification that recognizes an individual’s accumulated skills in developing and executing an information security management strategy in alignment with organizational goals. C|CISO equips information security leaders with the most effective toolset to defend organizations from cyber-attacks. To rise to the role of the CISO, strong technical knowledge, and experience is more imperative now than ever before but it must be accompanied by the ability to communicate in business value. C|CISOs understand that their information security decisions often have a direct impact on their organization’s operational cost, efficiency, and agility. As organizations introduce new technologies, C|CISOs will develop and communicate a strategy to avoid the potential risks stemming from their implementation to the organization’s operations.
How do I apply for the CCISO Exam?
In order to qualify to take the CCISO Exam, applicants must fill out the CCISO Exam Eligibility Application found here. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the applicant is attempting the exam without taking EC-Council Authorized Training, five years of experience in each of the five CCISO Domains is required (experience can be overlapping) and a $100 application fee is due with the application. If an applicant has purchased EC-Council Authorized Training, there is no application fee due and only five years of experience in three of the five domains is required. For more information, please see https://ciso.eccouncil.org/cciso-certification/.
How long does it take to process the CCISO Exam Eligibility Application?
Application processing time varies due to the fact that part of the process involves reaching out to verifiers indicated by the applicants as able to verify their experience. In order to speed up this process, applicants can assist the application processing team by reaching out to their verifiers to ensure they have received the required forms from EC-Council and understand what is required. Applications from students in EC-Council Authorized Training are prioritized and expedited in order to ensure testing can occur at the time of the class if the student desires.
What are the five CCISO Domains?
- The five CCISO Domains are:
- Domain 1 – Governance and Risk Management
- Domain 2 – Information Security Controls, Compliance, and Audit Management
- Domain 3: Security Program Management & Operations
- Domain 4: Information Security Core Competencies
- Domain 5: Strategic Planning, Finance, Procurement, and Vendor Management
Five years of experience is required in each of the five CCISO Domains (self-study). Does that mean 25 years of experience is required?
No! In most high-level information security management jobs, each of the 5 CCISO Domains is part of each day. The five years can and usually do overlap.
How do I know if C|CISO is for me?
C|CISO is the right choice for you and your career if you:
– Aspire to attain the highest regarded title within the information security profession – CISO
– Already serve as an official CISO
– Or perform CISO functions in their organization without the official
- Key Features:
- Created by a Security expert :
- Access period : 12 months
- Course duration : 40+ hours
- Quizzes & revision exams :
- Certificate of completion :
- Support : 24/7 hours
Why choose the Certified Chief Information
The CCISO Certification is an industry leading program that recognises the real world experience necessary to succeed at the highest executive levels of information security.
What you'll learn
- Security Risk Management, Controls, and Audit Management
- Security Program Management and Operations
- Information Security Core Concepts
- Strategic Planning, Finance, and Vendor Management
Get certified the Aspire way
Professional development courses that work around you
- Official EC-Council training
- Global community of peers
- Hands-on interactive labs
- 12 months unlimited access
Who Should Attend this Training Course?
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Anyone who aspires to attain the highest regarded title within the information security profession – CISO.
- Anyone who performs CISO functions in their organization without the official title.
Benefits and Main Purpose of Course :
- The C|CISO training course concentrates on five domains that comprises all the elements that are essential to leading a successful information security program. It connects governance, controls, security risk management, audit management, information-security core notions, security program management and operations, strategic planning, finance, and vendor management skills.
- The C|CISO training course emphasizes on the application of information security management principles from an executive management point of view rather focusing solely on technical knowledge.
- C|CISO credentialed individuals will be able to develop a business succession plan for a company in any given industry or situation, use metrics to communicate risk for different audiences, and describes how to align security programs with the goals of the business.
Pre-requisites for the course and eligibility for exam
There are no pre-requisites for attending the course. However, to sit the exam a candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in each of the 5 CCISO Domains, which must be proved by submitting an Exam Eligibility Application and approved by the EC Council;
- Attending an authorized training course, and
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in 3 of the 5 CCISO Domain, which must be proved by submitting an Exam Eligibility Application and approved by the EC Council;
By attending this course, a candidate shall be eligible to sit the EC Council’s EISM exam. Upon passing the EISM exam after attending this course, a candidate need only acquire 5 years of work experience in any 3 of the CCISO domains and sit the CCISO exam at half the original exam cost.
Why learn with us?
- We're tech career experts
- 25,000+ students worldwide
- Alternative to traditional university education
- Start a new career or advance your current one & land your dream job
- Most in-demand skills for today's job market
- Partnered with biggest accreditors in the world
- Exclusive student benefits; CV detox, NUS, industry events & loads more
Boost Engagement with delivering Communication Tools
Increase employee engagement with a different suite of communication tools like:
Promote your training program with visuals you can customize to brand... more
Send training updates and security best practice highlights directly... more
Digital wallpapers and web banners
Increase program engagement with colorful thought-provoking messaging... more
Strengthen key awareness concepts and skills through stylish visual... more
Why Aspire Tech
Aspire's award-winning online course and programs are designed and taught by distinguished Cyber Security expert.
The perfect fit for business
Plans for small to large organizations, with flexibility to fit inside your budget. Volume discounting available.
Cost effective training
Train thousands of staff members across multiple locations for a function of the cost of traditional classroom training.